SAE Indonesia offers a range of scholarships to assist students during their studies. The scholarship program is about investing in future professionals and rewarding creative and academic excellence. SAE Jakarta boasts state-of-the-art facilities including a fully equipped Neve Custom 75 sound; a world-class sound stage with green screen; two high-end media labs with Apple workstation equipped with Adobe Production Premium Suite, Final Cut Pro X, Pro Tools; and a custom-built Animation lab equipped with Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk Softimage, Adobe Production Premium Suite, and Pro Tools. SAE Campus Jakarta also offers high-end sound mixing room, high-end camera like Red Camera – Scarlet X, film-editing & color grading suite, Library and access to online library, large auditorium, mini theater, and more.
CREATIVE MEDIA SCHOLARSHIP CHALLENGE 2019
Apply for the SAE Indonesia merit and needs-based Creative Media Scholarship, awarded annually to a carefully selected group of applicants. SAE, with 50 campuses in 20 countries, has been setting the global benchmark for creative media education since 1976. SAE Jakarta offers Bachelor with Honours programs in Audio Engineering, Film Production and Interactive Animation. The degree programmes are developed and delivered and assessed by SAE Jakarta, and awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
Related article: Social media scholarship
This scholarship covers partial/full tuition fees* for a 3-Year Diploma (D3) / 4-Year Degree (D4) and will be awarded to applicants that are able to demonstrate outstanding scholarly ability as well as strong leadership skills and creativity. The aim of this scholarship is to help aspiring young creatives to kick-start their career within the creative media industry and to provide support for students that would otherwise be unable to have the financial means to pursue this course of study.
*Candidates should note that this scholarship covers tuition fees only.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Audio (D4)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Film (D4)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Animation (D4)
- Diploma in Music & Entertainment Business (D3)
- Scholarships are only available for new students commencing study for the September 2019 Intake
- Applicants must hold a High School Certificate or equivalent
- Applicants need to pass SAE English Proficiency Test
- Applicants need to pass Academic Potential Test
- Applicants need to pass Academic Practical Examinations
- Applicants must attend Scholarship Committee Interview
- Applicant must submit the Scholarship Application Pack before the deadline
- Chosen candidates will be contacted by the Scholarship Committee to take the Academic Potential Test
- Candidates who pass the Academic Potential Test must take the Academic Practical Examinations and SAE English Proficiency Test
- Only selected candidates will be invited to the Scholarship Committee Interview
* All test schedules will be determined by the committee
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PACK
- Completed Application Form (Printed, with attached signature and photo)
- CV/Resume (Digital / Printed)
- Portfolios related to your choice of study (In common file digital formats, saved to a USB flash drive)
- Motivation Letter: What motivates you to apply for the scholarship? Commonly not for individual benefits or financial issue. (+/- 1000 words, Font size: 11, Font: Arial, Spacing 1.5)
- Letter of Recommendation (Minimum 1) or copy of Achievement Certificate (Award, Training, Workshop, etc)
- Copy of Academic Certificates (ie: Ijazah/Surat Keterangan Kelulusan)
- Copy of Identity Card (Student ID / KTP / SIM)
- Submission Deadline: 17 June 2019
- Administrative Selection: 15 January – 21 June 2019
- Selected Applicants Announcement: 24 June 2019
- TPA & Academic Practical Test: 1 July 2019
- Scholarship Finalist Announcement: 12 July 2019
- Scholarship Committee Interview and English Proficiency Test: 17 – 18 July
- Scholarship Award Announcement: 22 July 2019
(These key dates may change without prior notice)
Please submit application in a sealed envelope to:
SAE Indonesia, Jl. Pejaten Raya 31, Pasar Minggu.
Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia 12540
All communication regarding the Scholarship Program will be made mainly through email. Please make sure all your information are correct and fill the form in with neat handwriting or more preferably a computer.
SAE is the world’s leading educator in creative media industries. Established in 1976, we now span the globe with 50 campuses in 20 countries.
In Indonesia, SAE offers certificates, diplomas, and bachelor degrees in Animation, Audio, Film and Music Business disciplines. The bachelor degrees are validated by Middlesex University London.
SAE was established in Australia in 1976 as the world’s first audio engineering institute. The early success of SAE and the demand for their practical, theory-based and industry relevant training quickly led to the establishment of other campuses nationwide. By 1982, SAE had campuses in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. The purpose-built Byron Bay campus, offering unsurpassed audio facilities, opened in 2003.
From the establishment of SAE’s first institutes and courses, government accredited VET and Higher Education qualifications were introduced. SAE has now evolved to become a global leader in creative media education.
In 2004, SAE acquired Qantm College, a leading digital media educator specialising in 3D animation, games design and programming, web development and graphic design.
In February 2011, SAE Institute and Qantm College became part of Navitas, a leading global education provider.
The consolidated expertise and resources of SAE, Qantm and Navitas ensures the students have the skills and industry knowledge they need for a rewarding career in the entertainment and creative media industries.
Following on from the success of SAE in Australia, the first foreign SAE campus was opened in London in 1985. As in Australia, in the international arena SAE proved to be highly successful in providing a quality, practical and theoretical curriculum to aspiring professionals in the music industry.
Not long after the London campus was opened, SAE established its first European institute in Munich. Munich was to be the first of many foreign language SAE Institutes worldwide.
SAE was well established in Europe, Asia and New Zealand by the mid-90s. The first of 7 campuses opened in the USA in 1998.
Beginning with Audio, SAE International has evolved over the years, and now also offers qualifications in other creative media disciplines – Animation, Design, Digital Journalism, Film, Games, and Web & Mobile.
All the courses follow the founding principles of SAE – high quality, industry-focused, practical and theoretical education options for creative and talented individuals.