You are invited to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2020 For International Students. The government of Korea is now accepting applications from all the international students.
Korean Scholarship for International Students is fully funded scholarships for all the international students. Last year, they awarded 170 Undergraduate Scholarships & 700 Graduate Scholarships. Korean Government Scholarship is now also called Global Korea Scholarship.
All-academic fields are available in all the listed universities under Global Korea Scholarship. This is a great opportunity to study in South Korea for free. Do you know that that there are also 4 other scholarships currently open in South Korea? Here they are:
- UST Scholarships in South Korea Spring 2020 For Masters & Doctorate Degree
- KAIST Scholarship South Korea 2020 For Bachelors, Masters & Doctorate
- KAIST Scholarship South Korea Spring 2020 For Masters & Doctorate
- Korea University Scholarship 2020 Spring For International Students
About GKS Scholarship
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Duration of the Korean Government Scholarship Undergraduate
The duration of the Bachelors Undergraduate Scholarship will be for 4 Years.
See also: Chevening Scholarships
Total Number of Candidates to be Selected
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course).
Available Fields & Majors
Scholarship students can select any type of courses available in the listed universities.
Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
Procedure for the Scholarship Award
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the
- Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Global Korea Scholarship 2020 is a Fully Funded Scholarship in South Korea for all the international students. The following expenses and grants will be covered by the Korean Government:
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- Completion Grant
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance (Undergraduate). Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance (Graduate).
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival (Undergraduate). Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival (Graduate).
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
The last date to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2020 varies from University to University & Embassy to Embassy.
All the Universities & Embassies have to send their selected students nominations to NIIED by 1st November 2019. So, the deadlines will be before this date.